The VFX TD is responsible for designing and producing high quality animation and simulations of all manner of effects. The ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver with strong and varying technical knowledge, and a solid understanding of the effects production pipeline. The VFX TD will be involved with building and utilizing digital assets, rigs, and tools for shot production. Team work is key in the support of the department.
- Work with Supervisors and FX Leads to determine the FX needs of the project.
- Work with Art, Animation, Texturing, Modeling, and Rigging Departments to develop various FX and assets.
- Create particle, rigid body dynamics, volume fluids and liquids.
- Collaborate with Lighting & Compositing to ensure shots are delivered and meet requirements.
- Responsible for the development of effects and incorporating them into the pipeline.
- Work closely with other departments in development of tools and scripts to be integrated into the pipeline.
- Create tools/scripts in support of VFX artists.
- Intermediate to expert Houdini FX knowledge with production experience.
- Knowledge of Maya and production experience with Renderman would be an asset.
- Experience rendering with Houdini MANTRA.
- Understanding of the compositing process using Nuke.
- Must work well under pressure for potentially short turnaround deadlines.
- Understanding of natural phenomena and physical dynamics.
- Knowledge of scripting in MEL, Python, C/C++, VEX is an asset.
- Knowledge of good composition and artistic timing. Experience with traditional/2D animation is a plus.
- Experience with cloth, fur & hair and crowds is a plus.
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player. Good problem solving skills is a must.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com