The Simulation & Dynamics artist is responsible for overseeing the creation, shading, and rendering of sophisticated particle, rigid body, fluid, cloth, fur and hair simulations. The Artist will also provide creative ideas and approaches to further enhance the direction from the VFX Supervisor.
- Determine the projects needs with Supervisor and Leads.
- Simulate dynamic phenomena, including: smoke, fire, sparks, hair, cloth, water, debris, etc.
- Use dynamic tools to achieve these effects, including: fluids, rigid bodies, particles, etc.
- Produce tests and final renders of FX elements for a shot, meeting deadlines regularly at all stages.
- Work closely with other artists to incorporate FX elements into shots.
- Attend and actively participate in team / production meetings.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and meet artistic challenges.
- Keep up to date with current technologies
- Minimum of 2 years VFX experience with feature films, high-end television shows or commercials
- Proficiency in Houdini and Maya
- Working knowledge of Nuke
- Good understanding of the complete VFX pipeline
- Ability to take direction and work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Background in computer science, mathematics, physics, or engineering a plus
- Possess strong communication skills
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com