The Tracking & Layout artist is responsible for creating, solving and extending camera movements, and performing often complex layout and matchmoving tasks on live action film and television productions.
- Accurately recreating the movement of live action cameras in a 3D environment.
- Using measurements, reference photographs, camera information, distortion grids and scaling references of characters and objects from the live action set, recreate the virtual set in 3D.
- Scene layout in Maya.
- Matchmoving rigid and non-rigid objects on moving elements in the plate.
- Removing lens distortion from the plates to aid in the solving of tracks.
- Expert knowledge of PFTrack.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Maya.
- Working knowledge of Nuke.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a great eye for camera motion and composition.
- Must work well under pressure for potentially short turnaround deadlines.
- Able to take direction and feedback well from a lead or supervisor.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org